You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? Optum is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
* This is a field based: 80% of the time in the field 20% work from home position. Schedule is Monday - Friday during normal business hours. *
The overall purpose of the Senior Field Based Care Advocate is to improve the enrollee's ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist him/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position requires field visits going into hospitals, clinical facilities and in the community. You will be in the field the majority of the time.
The Senior Field Based Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
If you are located in Manhattan, NY area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
* Identifies and provides community service linkage
* Assists enrollees with aftercare appointments
* Provides subsequent member follow-up as determined by individual member needs
* Works with enrollees to identify gaps in care or obstacles to care and problem solves for successful connection to needed services
* Reviews IP Census each day to determine which enrollees on the census are re-admits within the last 12 months
* Goes to facility meetings with treatment team to develop a successful aftercare plan
* Manages the aftercare follow-up of identified high risk enrollees (manages follow-up calls/outreach and documentation)
* Meets with community providers/facilities as company liaison to foster good rapport and relationships and to identify new programs
* Must have one of the following: Master's degree in Behavioral Health related field, Associate's degree or greater in Nursing with ten years of Behavioral Health experience, or a Doctorate-degreed Psychologist
* Must have an active, unrestricted State of New York professional license in at least one of the following: * Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
* Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
* Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
* Licensed Psychologist
* Registered Nurse with 10 years of Behavioral Health experience
* 2 years' experience in a related mental health environment
* Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
* Must live in a commutable distance of Manhattan with ability to be in territory on a daily basis
* Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
* Working knowledge of city and state agencies and practices to include APS, ACS, AOT, ACT, Health Home, Forensic and others
* Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
* Experience working with low-income populations
* Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
* Case Management experience
* Field based experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, Care Advocate, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Community Health, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, LMHC, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, LMFT, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, RN, Psychologist, Manhattan, NY